To be eligible for admission to a doctoral degree program, an applicant must:
For Program with Coursework
For Applicants Holding Master’s Degree (Plan 2.1)
- Hold a master’s degree, or its equivalent, in an appropriate field of study from an institution of good standing acceptable to MSU;
- For applicants currently in their final term of study, please submit an official letter from your institution registrar affirming the expected date on which the qualification will be officially conferred.
- Have master’s degree grades; the minimum accumulated (overall) grade point average (GPA) at the end of the program is 3.25 or equivalent;
- In exceptional cases, applicants who have GPA less than 3.25 but who have extensive and appropriate professional experience may be considered for admission; the discretion in such cases rests with the Program Committees;
- English proficiency requirement: MSU-Test: 30% or IELTS: 2.5 or TOEFL Paper-based: 350 or TOEFL Internet-based: 30;
- The proof of English proficiency shall be issued not more than two years before the application date;
- This requirement is waived for applicants who have obtained a degree from an institution where all their courses were taught in English;
- Applicants who were offered admission and do not meet the English proficiency requirement shall register for and pass the Pre-sessional English course and/or the Pre-sessional Thai course offered by MSU;
- Be in satisfactory physical and mental.